...experiencing la one meal at a time

...experiencing la one meal at a time

Sunday, June 27, 2010

"Fancy appetizers and $1 truck tacos"















Saturday began with sleeping in and a four hour stroll to UCLA's campus. Pretty cute, really huge, and strangely empty.

Then the crazy fun started. Kelley's car broke down so--stepping in at the last moment--Reimar leaps to the rescue to act as my guest and wingman at the SAG Meet and Greet. I assume all the attendees were famous because you need to be in 3 SAG things to get membership into the Guild, but I didn't recognize anyone... at first. Reimar and I got drinks from the open bar (score!) and then managed to be some of the first in line for food. The appetizers were fancy, and while we ate we proceeded to look around surreptitiously at the guests. One guy looked vaugely like LOST's Hurley, but he wasn't. Then, while thank-yous and acknowledgements were being made, I noticed a woman who looked familiar. After some thought, I realized it was like Rose, from LOST. She was introduced on behalf of the EEOC committee. Reimar convinced me to be awesome and introduce myself. So yeah, I met Rose from LOST.

Afterwards we drove to Hollywood and watched Toy Story 3 at the El Capitan. It was pretty cool with all the lights, traffic, and people going out to party. I got to see some of the star walk; there was a big to-do at Michael Jackson's star, due to the anniversary of his death and all. We ate cream puffs and I inhaled too much powdered sugar. Reimar laughed at me (a major theme of our adventure). The line for the movie was crazy long--there were two VIP lines and one general admission--but we got okay seats. Didn't win Disneyland tickets. Boo. The movie made me cry at the end--causing Reimar to burst out laughing for several minutes--but the movie was legitimately sad and fantastic at the same time. Then we drove around and looked at all the lights of LA and ate some tacos from a truck. My car still smells like tacos.

This morning Lulu and I went on an adventure to see Buffy's high school and house in Torrence. Mostly a side-trip on the way to Long Beach, it ended up being one of the more exciting parts of the day. Long Beach was kinda dirty and lame, so we spent less than an hour on the beach, which was still long enough for me to get a wicked sunburn. We did see some freaking huge mansions driving up the coast, and it took us over an hour to find a McDonalds. But oh was it worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment