...experiencing la one meal at a time

...experiencing la one meal at a time

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"chicken salad sandwiches and candy bars"

So, my "landscape" is due today. It was supposed to be due a week and a half from now. I was notified of this change in plans on Monday, so I've been working my tail off to meet it.

Now, for all those C's out there, you might understand my aversion to being "done" with this project. For one, I was doing a SUPER thorough job. And now, I need to rush. What if I'm forgetting someone, some movie or television show, some up-and-coming actress?

Let's count 'em up, shall we?
Films about APIA or featuring many APIs (including their directors, writers, producers, casting directors, and actors): 91
Films not yet released: 13
TV Shows with an API main/recurring character: 42
TV Shows about API America: 4. Maybe. Only K-town is recent/on-air/will be on-air. I counted "American Dragon: Jake Long" because all APIAs can turn into Dragons to fight crime and stuff.
TV Shows with APIs that are sci-fi and/or animated: over half.
API Producers in the industry (not exclusively American): 82
API Directors in the industry (not exclusively American): 37
API Writers in the industry (not exclusively American): 68
Names my friends back home would recognize out of the above three categories: 5. And that's an overestimate.
Names from the Producers/Directors/Writers which overlap on multiple lists: Almost all of them.
Casting Directors, based on "API-sounding" names from a Casting Directory, my (in)expert opinion, and a quick google search for any helpful sites/images: 20
API Actors/Actresses in the industry (although not necessarily American): 198
API publicists: 0. I couldn't find any.
API Media watchdog/advocacy groups: 8
What I had done on Monday Morning: Mostly completed film and TV lists; a half-filled in actor list.

There are several problematic areas of this project. Believe me, I know it.

For the names I found, I collected their agent's contact information. I was supposed to verify it, but I really didn't have the time.

Well, the spreadsheets look nice at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment