...experiencing la one meal at a time

...experiencing la one meal at a time

Saturday, July 24, 2010

"Filipino Breakfast... Longsilog?"

Today Rhommel and I went to Eagle Rock, Glendale, and Historic Filipinotown to get some cards done. It was... harder than TNC. I wasn't much help at all, being shy and an out-group member both physically, culturally, and linguistically. Rhommel, though, was pretty impressive with his tagalog and go-get-em approach. We got seven cards, I got to see Eagle Rock Plaza (on Glee!), and we spent some quality time together. And Rhommel and I agree that one of our participants was pretty cute... he thought I was half Filipino. When I told him I wasn't, he asked what I was doing out in Filipinotown. His logic made sense and I wasn't offended... but it did lead to a pretty serious, soul-searching intellecutal talk about positionality with my partner-in-crime over fried eggs and garlic rice.

I'm gonna miss you... what's your nickname again? Not Sprinkles... wait, was it...

Looking forward to Korean BBQ on Friday!

2 comments: